Monday, April 11, 2011

Bezel Necklace

What do you get when you cross a rectangle bezel frame with glass, scrapbook paper, a bow, and a faux pearl? This:

 
I must admit that I'm proud of myself. While it's not original (I've seen these on Etsy and sold at boutiques for many years), it's still unique because it was made by me.

This little project took less than 1 hour to complete and would've taken only half the time if I were better at using jump rings and making loops for the pearl and bow.  

Here's a picture of the backside:


 The beauty of this DIY necklace is that the intricate details come from scrapbook paper. I picked up most of my supplies from the local Hobby Lobby (HL), though I found the bow and pearls in my "crafts to start/complete" pile. The only tools I used were jewelry pliers and super glue.

I spent approximately $5 on all of the supplies to make the necklace thanks to Hobby Lobby's great (sale) prices. I typically see these charm/bezel necklaces sold for $20 for a small 1" square bezels to over $40 for a rectangle the size as shown above.

All-in-all I'm happy with the way this necklace turned out. The low price and simplicity to make has inspired me to do a few more.  Next time I'll make sure to take enough photos or even a video for a tutorial. 

Project #1:  Success

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment